There are so many health benefits to drinking water, such as maximizing your physical performance, significantly affecting your energy levels and brain function, helping to prevent and treat headaches, helping and preventing digestive issues such as constipation and indigestion, and helping with weight loss. And the list could go on.
Adequate water intake is essential to good health. But so often the day goes by and we have forgotten or have been too busy, or just simply lack the motivation to think of the importance of drinking water. Here are 10 easy health hacks to drink more water in your day.
(This post May contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product or service with the links that I provide I may receive a small commission. There is no additional charge to you!)
1. Set reminder alarms. Set reminders to drink more water using an app or the alarm on your smartphone or smart watch.
3. Flavour your water naturally with fruit, herbs, or cinnamon sticks. There are lots of water infusion recipes online. I use lemon a lot or a frozen apple slice with a cinnamon stick, or mint.
4.Get a high-tech water bottle — This cool water bottle recommends your customized daily water intake with your phone and glows to remind you when it’s time to sip.
5.Set a daily routine. Every morning I have a glass of water with my vitamins and a large mug of hot water with lemon. Make it a habit to have a drink 30 minutes before each meal.
6. Have water that tastes good (and is good for you)by investing in a water filter for when you’re at home.
7. Prefill fruit or herb infused water bottles first thing in the morning so they’re ready for you and easy to grab throughout the day. Make this a habit as part of your morning routine.
8. Dilute juices and other sugary drinks with more water and ice.
9. Fill a pitcher of water and put it in the fridge for when you want a cold drink.
10. Develop a love for herbal tea. Drink it hot when you’re cold and ice it when you’re hot. I love having tea breaks during the day because it gives me a mini break from work and a chance to slow down. Lean in to tea, form a tea habit, and enjoy the hydration.
You May Also Like:
(Click on the image to take you directly to the product):