Are you looking for an easy homemade cranberry sauce? This easy homemade cranberry sauce is ready in 15 minutes and you only need 3 ingredients! It’s great as a holiday recipe or year round.
I love the strong, bold , beautiful color of cranberries, and the sweet and tart taste of homemade cranberry sauce with my Thanksgiving or Christmas turkey tastes so much better than store bought.
We know cranberry sauce goes good with turkey but it’s also great with meatballs, pork and chicken. This recipe also makes a healthy and delicious addition to your meal planning for the week.
The flavor is so much better with fresh cranberries and you can customize the sweetness level to your liking. Once you try this easy homemade cranberry sauce, you’ll never go back to the store bought stuff!
1 cup water
1 cup granulated sugar
3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
*Optional: a sprinkle of cinnamon
1. The first step is to dissolve the sugar. Bring the water and sugar to a boil in a medium pot.
2.Add the cranberries and return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. The cranberries are simmered with sugar and water until the cranberries burst. Adding a sprinkle of cinnamon will add a pop to the flavour.
3. Pour the sauce into a bowl, cover and cool to room temperature. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Makes 2 1/4 cups ( 565 ml)
HOMEMADE CRANBERRY SAUCE VARIATIONS
This is a basic cranberry sauce recipe, but you can add all different ingredients to cranberry sauce to customize it to your liking.
- Brown Sugar Cranberry Sauce: Substitute brown sugar for the granulated sugar.
- Cranberry Orange Sauce: Use orange juice instead of water and stir in 2 teaspoons of orange zest.
- Vanilla Cranberry Sauce: Add one split vanilla bean to the sauce and let it sit overnight in the fridge.
- Cranberry Cherry Sauce: Add 1 cup of chopped frozen dark cherries to the sauce.
- Cranberry Apple Sauce: Use apple cider instead of water and add 1 diced peeled apple to the sauce.
What to do with Leftover Cranberry Sauce
I usually don’t have very much cranberry sauce left over, but if I do it tastes great on:
1. Turkey rolls or sandwiches
2. Cranberry meatballs
3. Pour it over a block of cream cheese and serve with crackers
4. Swirl it into vanilla yogurt and and top your granola with it
5. Top your pancakes or waffles with a big spoon of warmed cranberry sauce. And a dollop of sweetened whipped cream
Want to share these cranberry recipes with your family and friends? Just click any of the share buttons on the left to share this blog post with Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. Sharing is caring!
The Beauty of a Weekly Meal Planner
Are you new to Meal Planning? Or looking for a good plan to try? You may be asking yourself, “Why should I meal plan?” Well, the beauty of a weekly meal planner for me are its benefits that make my life a whole lot easier.
Download the Weekly Meal Planner here.
My Thanksgiving Planner
Are you looking to have a more enjoyable, stress-free Thanksgiving? My Thanksgiving Planner will help you do just that! Enjoy spending time with friends and family knowing that you planned well.
Check it out here.
My Christmas Planner
Are you looking to have a more enjoyable, stress-free Christmas? My Christmas Planner will help you do just that! Juggling all manner of jobs at Christmas time when expectations of festive fun are sky high means that effective planning and time management are vital.
Check it out here.
You May Also Like:
Best Thanksgiving Recipes | Dinner Party for Family and Friends
Vegetarian and Vegan Thanksgiving Main Dishes
Celebrate All Things Fall:
DIY Fabulous Fall Wreaths for the Front Door
Hello September and Autumn Wallpaper, Pictures and Quotes
Must Try Stylish Scarf Tutorials
Best Ever Pumpkin Muffin Recipes
If you find my posts at all helpful, I do appreciate you taking the time to share my posts or follow my account. I hope you found my post on Easy Homemade Cranberry Sauce inspiring.
Thanks so much for stopping by!